May 27, 2020, 5:30 – 6:30 pm
Serve those in need due to COVID19 by filling the gaps of public and private services.
- Identify and Inventory needs: Users of existing services and home-bound without outside connections
- Broker individual and institutional needs, referring to existing programs and services and providing direct service when needs cannot be met through existing channels.
- Provide a networking forum for private and public entities serving those in need.
- Discussion: Review PRF process for assessing and processing requests for funding, with an eye to reducing the process to essential elements and creating a guideline with checklists for tracking essential elements. Keleigh will send existing process to the others for review; Meg will re-draft so all should send comments and ideas to Meg.
- Youth Homelessness Demonstration Grant program: Mark met with Elly to determine best amounts then purchased $25 and $50 cards from Dennis Company, Chevron, Sid’s, Okie’s and Jack’s. Receipts have been turned into John for reimbursement. He will send letters to these business’ owners in the coming week to tell them about what we are doing.
- Mark had the opportunity to see Laundry Love program in action and had a very positive impression.
- Discussion of timeline; holding funds back to disperse this fall/winter as a “second wave” is expected that will be even more difficult for those in need now.
- Also will put Monday sessions on hold through mid-July then will reassess. Attendance has fallen off and re-start in the late summer or early fall may be more useful. Weds meetings will continue; the work is productive whether a second wave happens or not.
“Identifying Needs” Flyers + Social Media
- Mark & Monica: Draft flyer content: 1 flyer for NPO leaders and 1 for them to distribute to end users; shows services available, what to do if you need help
- Keleigh: Create flyers/visually polish Mark & Monica’s efforts. PDF versions for emailing + web-friendly for use on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Monica: Work with Meg to translate flyer
Rotary Public Relations
- Monica: Submit TY to Observer for Anita’s Fish Fry
- Keleigh: Send Monica, Meg press kit and Observer submission address
- Meg: Draft press release about what Rotary is doing re Covid Response
- Meg: Consider weekly or bi-weekly Rotary mini-article in the Observer
Homeless Youth Demonstration Grant
- Meg: Draft guideline for Jamie and/or Elly in how funds can be used, how kids qualify, what flexibility exists, what reporting is requested.
Identify & Catalog Service Providers, Services
- Keleigh: Ask Brad for assistance getting the club filespace set up.
Areas of Responsibility
- All: Grow the Monday list of attendees.
- Mark: Deliveries, Utilities, Homeless Students Grant, PC Emergency Management
- Meg: Documentation, Procedures, Elly/School District Liaison
- Monica: Hispanic Community, with Mark, writing. with Meg, PR
- Dennis: PCFD1, Village Club
- Nancy: PPR, Wellspring
- Lanie: Port of Ilwaco
- Charlotte: OP Food Bank
- Natalie: Food 4 Kids Backpacks Program
- Dan: Watches/fills Long Beach Little Pantry
- Keleigh: The business end of the group: meeting coordination, notes, task lists, bookkeeping and liaison to Treasurer, graphics support as requested, PC Community Foundation
This Week's participants
- Keleigh Schwartz
- Meg Parsons
- Mark Magee
Mondays on hold.
Wednesdays, 5:15 – 6:15 pm, until further notice Zoom information is sent by email to anyone on the list; if you aren’t receiving, contact email@example.com.
+$370. Collective donations
– $50. paid for 40 masks 5/2020
Covid Response funds raised
+$8,950. EAA Online Auction
+$1,930. Anita’s Fish Fundraiser
Covid Response funds allocated: $0.
-$1,000. Homeless Students Grant
-$2,500. PPR General Support
-$ 500. PPR Laundry of Love
-$1,000. Grocery and Medication Deliveries
-$. 500. Printing (advertising & faux cash)